In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Microchip-Lookup Have you found a stray pet..? Combined with a collar and current name tag, a microchip increases the likelihood of a lost pet being safely reunited with its owner.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- National Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Novartis Animal Health
This site is sponsored by Novartis, the makers of Sentinel, Interceptor and Program, and has useful information on heartworm prevention and flea control for pet owners.
- Caring Pathways serves the needs of small animal pets who are in need of in-home hospice care, or who are ready to make a peaceful end-of-life transition through euthanization. We offer our services to pet owners of the Denver Metro Area and surrounding communities, serving: dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, small mammals, and pocket pets such as gerbils, hamsters, and rats. If you have a question regarding our services or the types of pets we care for, please contact us at (720) 287-2553.
- Home to Heaven Depending on the situation, we’ll help you decide how to proceed with your pet’s final moments through hospice-supported natural death or via euthanasia when suffering cannot be managed and prevented.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Veterinary Information Network
VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- eVetSite Systems
makes it easy for veterinarians or their staff to create a professional and educational veterinary hospital website. eVetSite Systems makes web site design easy and affordable!